Informació del curs
The UOC's online bachelor's degree in Software Development trains students for one of the most in-demand tech sector positions in today's job market.
Why study the UOC's Bachelor's Degree in Software Development?
This online bachelor's degree programme provides students with in-depth training in software development, one of the most in-demand tech sector positions in today's job market. The programme can be completed in around three years (180 ECTS credits). It is online and lets you set the pace of your own learning.
The programme of study covers the full software lifecycle: design, implementation, testing and maintenance. And it will train you to develop web, mobile, and multiplatform apps with the sector's most popular programming languages, techniques and methods.
Graduating in software development leads to in-depth knowledge of:
- Software design and specification techniques, covering databases, application architecture and user experience.
- Programming languages and tools to aid development and testing.
- Libraries and frameworks for developing on different platforms.
- Techniques for creating high-quality software that is easy to maintain.
- Methods and best practices to ensure the success of your projects.
- Administration of the systems developed, whether local, networked or cloud-based.
The UOC's online bachelor's degree in Software Development trains students up to the level of analyst programmer, preparing them to work in any of the world's leading organizations.
The programme is taught entirely in English. This means that graduates are ready to work in a sector that is increasingly international, organizations, projects and teams around the globe use English to communicate.
The programme of study for the UOC's online bachelor's degree in Software Development follows the curriculum recommendations for Software Engineering produced by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) the international association for professionals and academics working in the computing sector and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Use and apply ICTs in academic and professional spheres.
- Communicate in a foreign language.
- Express ideas in writing clearly and correctly, displaying a command of terms and expressions that are specific to the field of software development, for both academic and professional contexts.
- Work in a team.
- Adapt to new software development technologies and to future environments, updating professional skills.
- Identify the features of different types of organizations and the role played in them by ICTs.
- Evaluate software solutions and draw up proposals for development projects, taking into account the resources, the available alternatives and the market conditions.
- Understand and use the scientific bases of software development to analyse each problem at the appropriate level of abstraction and apply the skills and knowledge acquired in order to solve them.
- Identify the structural elements and operational principles of a computer.
- Understand the fundamentals of operating systems and computer networks so as to design and develop solutions that take into account each platform's specific features, available and shared resources, and the system's security.
- Design and build computer applications using development, integration and reuse techniques.
- Apply specific software engineering techniques to the different stages of a project's life cycle.
- Apply specific data processing, storage and administration techniques.
- Propose and evaluate different technological alternatives for solving a specific software development problem.
- Develop cross-platform applications.
- Design people-centred software solutions.
- Conduct and submit a project in the field of software development and defend it before a panel of experts.
Basic courses 48
Compulsory courses 96
Optional courses 24
Final Project 12
The programme of study of the Bachelor's Degree in Techniques for Software Development consists of 180 ECTS credits, which are distributed in accordance with the Spanish Ministry of Education's guidelines.
Semester 1 30 credits
- Web-based Teamwork 6
- Web Standards and Languages 6
- Fundamentals of Programming 6
- Logic 6
- Algebra 6
- Web Programming 6
- Programming in Practice 6
- Computer Structure 6
- Business and IT Management 6
- Software Engineering 6
- Object-Oriented Programming 6
- Software Design Patterns 6
- Human-Computer Interaction 6
- Operating Systems 6
- Entrepreneurial Initiative 6
- Networks and Internet Applications 6
- Data Structure Design 6
- Introduction to Databases 6
- Network and System Administration 6
- Software Architecture 6
- Cloud Computing 6
- Database Design 6
- Mobile Application Development 6
- Optional course 1 6
- Optional course 2 6
- Advanced Web Programming 6
- Optional course 3 6
- Optional course 4 6
- Bachelor's Degree Final Project 12
The programme also provides the skills required for the administration of applications once they have been developed. Therefore, it prepares people to work in roles such as a systems administrator or network administrator.
Admission requirements met in Spain
- University entrance examinations (PAU /Students over 25 / Students over 45)
- Bachillerato (upper secondary school education) without PAU (university entrance examinations): Spanish bachillerato (upper secondary school education) LOE 2016 and repeat students 2017
- Vocational training (CFGS / FP2 / MP3)
- University qualification or equivalent
- Work experience
- Preuniversity studies: UNED admission accreditation
- University studies (whether or not completed): partial validation of foreign studies in relation to Spanish studies.
- University qualification with the equivalence of the foreign qualification or official ministerial recognition in Spain
- Work experience
- Preuniversity studies: officially recognized upper secondary school education
- University studies (whether or not completed): partial recognition of foreign studies for Spanish studies
- University qualification equivalent to the foreign qualification or official ministerial recognition in Spain
- Work experience
Idiomes en els quals s'imparteix
- Develop the ability to create usable, efficient, high quality software that meets needs in any field of application.
- Provide knowledge of the software development process and all stages of its life cycle, from definition of requirements, design and implementation, to maintenance and upgrading.
- Provide knowledge of the programming languages, tools and technologies most commonly used to build software for different platforms.
- Develop the ability to use agile methods to meet the goals for functionality, quality and development time.
- Provide knowledge of the administration of systems, networks and applications, either locally, in a network or in the cloud.
- Develop the ability to communicate and work effectively in a development team.
- Provide students with learning skills that allow them to continue with further studies autonomously.
- Develop the ability to adapt to new environments and emerging digital technologies, updating professional skills.