Design Health Barcelona is a talent incubator program to boost pioneer innovation, in which the real needs of the hospital environment will be the basis of new technologies to improve patient care.
Inspired by the prestigious Stanford Biodesign Fellowship programs and Future Med (Singularity University), the United States, and Kaos Pilot, of Denmark, d•HEALTH Barcelona is a program designed to develop entrepreneurial talent in the field of health and sciences life.
Design Health Barcelona is an innovative program in several ways:
- Intensive immersion in a clinical setting (learning based on actual experimentation)
Work in a multidisciplinary team where knowledge and experience complement (life sciences, engineering, business and design)
- New methodological approaches (based on group dynamics workshops, open discussions, presentations and discussions with expert panels, MOOCs ...)
- The combination of classes and workshops with experts and entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds in science, business and X-Thinking (a set of tools and ways of thinking that enable entrepreneurs face the problems of health care and will help succeed in implementing the innovation process in medical technology).
D•HEALTH Barcelona seeks people able to become change-makers, catalyst across fields and future leaders in healthcare innovation.
Restless and curious people with any of the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree in Medicine/Life Sciences, Business/Economics, Engineering/IT or design.
- A postgraduate degree such as a Masters degree in Science, a PhD or a post-doctorate training.
- The will to make a turn in their professional careers and pursue innovation in healthcare.
People who love to work in multidisciplinary teams and have:
- An explorative mindset, purpose and passion.
- International experience studying or working outside home country.
- Proficiency in English
- A "can do-will do" attitude and commitment to explore and take risks to anticipate where things are heading in healthcare industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
FACULTY – THE CHALLENGERS
d•HEALTH Barcelona is also innovative by the high degree of internationalization of its faculty and brings together more than 50 experts and entrepreneurs in the biomedical, health, economic, financial and design fields. It includes prominent international figures such as John Collins, director of the Center for Implementing Technology Integration of Medicine and Innovative Technology (CIMIT) in Boston, Dan E. Azagury, Grube Stanford Biodesign Fellow 2011-12 and co-founder of Medical Ciel (Geneva); Yossi Bahagon, founder and head of e-health in Clalit Health Services (Jerusalem), Chia Hwu, CEO of Qubop (Silicon Valley), David Maltz, head of development at Novartis medical device (Silicon Valley) and LekshmyParameswaran, founder and partner of Fuelfor (Barcelona - Singapore), a consultancy specializing in design applied to health. At the national level are also involved: Manel del Castillo, Alfons Cornella, Genis Roca, Pep Torres, Pere Estupiña and Marc Lite.
Design Health Barcelona shares the same spirit of Stanford's Biodesign innovation process: the identification, invention and implementation of new medical technologies. It works at the interfaces of Science and Business, using an X-Thinking approach to facilitate and accelerate healthcare entrepreneurship.
X-Thinking is a combination of human-centered, prototype-driven tools and methods that, in conjunction with the scientific and business knowledge, provide fellows with the skills, values, attitudes and behaviours necessary to produce disruptive solutions to tackle any complex challenge.